The Six Sigma Green Belt Certification is a basic level of certification in Six Sigma methodology. Six Sigma certification has been classified into different levels called “BELTS” in relation to martial art. Each belt corresponds to a different level of skill-set, responsibility, and expectation. The belt classifications also correspond to different roles during the implementation phase of a project that utilizes the Six Sigma methodology.
Attend our 100% Online & Self-Paced Free Six Sigma Training.
Green Belt certification equips Six Sigma Green Belt certified personnel with the tools required to execute the “Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control” portion of the improvement framework. The person who acquires Green Belt Certification is known as Six Sigma Green Belt practitioner.
Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Training
Green Belt training consists of four or five days of classroom training or it may be a self-paced online six sigma course. Six Sigma Green Belt certification training consists of four or five days of classroom training. The training may be conducted in conjunction with Six Sigma projects but; there is no hard-and-fast rule. Green Belt certification training covers the following aspects:
- Project Management
- Quality management tools
- Quality Control tools
- Problem Solving
- Descriptive data analysis.
Six Sigma champions should attend Green Belt certification training. Usually, Six Sigma Black Belt certified personnel help
6 Sigma Green Belt personnel define their projects prior to the Green Belt certification training, attend training with their Green Belts, and assist them with their projects after the completion of the training. If you don’t feel 100% ready for the actual green belt training, you may also consider enrolling in an online free Six Sigma course, which will help you learn the basics of Lean Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification.
Is Green Belt Right For Me?
Getting a Six Sigma Green Belt certification opens doors for many career opportunities, whether as a consultant or a direct hire by a tech or manufacturing company.
In order to proceed with Six Sigma Green Belt certification, aspirants must;
- Be willing to spend some of their production time, at least 35% to 40%, on process improvement initiatives or activities
- Study, analyze and solve quality problems
- Get involved with Six Sigma, LEAN, KAIZEN or other quality improvement projects
- Possess 3+ years of work experience in one or more areas of the Six Sigma Green Belt Body of Knowledge (BOK). Work experience must be in a full-time, paid role
Check our Six Sigma Training Video
The Six Sigma Green Belt certification from American Society for Quality (ASQ) or International Association for Six Sigma Certification (IASSC) is considered a mark of quality excellence in many industries. It helps you advance your career and boosts your organization’s bottom line through your mastery of quality skills. Becoming certified as a Six Sigma Green Belt confirms your commitment to quality and the positive impact it will have on your organization.
The 4 Job Roles After Green Belt Certification
Post completing online Six Sigma Training, the candidate may get an opportunity to engage in the following roles:
- Six Sigma champion in local area
- Project originator
- Project leader
- Part-time six sigma change agent continues to perform normal duties while participating on Six Sigma project teams
The nature of duties & responsibilities, post-Green Belt certification, may take the following form:
- Successfully completing at least one Six Sigma project every 12 months to maintain their Green Belt certification; as appropriate
- Demonstrating the mastery of Six Sigma Green Belt body of knowledge
- Demonstrating proficiency at achieving results through the application of the Six Sigma approach
- Recommending Six Sigma projects
- Participating on Six Sigma project teams
- Leading Six Sigma teams in micro-level improvement projects
- Working closely with other continuous improvement leaders to apply formal data analysis approaches to projects
- Training project teams; whenever needed
- Sharing knowledge of Six Sigma, LEAN etc.; as needed
Like many other certifications, the primary reason for acquiring Six Sigma Green Belt certification is to demonstrate a basic level of proficiency in process improvement and in the elimination of errors and defects in an organization’s processes. The Green Belt certification also helps you become a part-time specialist in process improvement and will enhance your career’s standard and credibility.
The primary goal of the Six Sigma Green Belt certification is to validate individuals who possess the basic skills to identify errors or defects in a business process and eliminate them. The green belt certification exams are rigorous enough that any professional who acquires this certification cannot be assumed just to have developed the elementary skill-set of being able to deal with all improvements within the organization. Individuals must have gone through and completed all stages required to acquire the credential of Six Sigma Green Belt certification.
A Synopsis Of Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Program
Now, let’s list what knowledge, skills and experiences you are going to get from a Six Sigma Training:
- A four or five-day training program
- Six Sigma methodology and Define-Measure-Analyse-Improve-Control approach
- Importance and historical significance of Six Sigma methodology
- Highlights the role of Green Belt and teamwork for successful implementation
- Conceptual clarity regarding identification and prioritizing various projects across areas
- Six Sigma cycle to help derive solutions for a business problem using statistical tools and techniquesProject management techniques:
- How to present your project,
- Project closure
- Key to successful transition
- Use of statistical tool for statistical analysis
Factors Affecting Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
Due to considerable variability in the Six Sigma Green Belt certification requirements by the service providers and the absence of national standards for Six Sigma Green Belt certification, it is prudent to ensure that the certification, you are considering, provides you;
- The experience of working on a real-life Six Sigma project within your own organization or business
- The best possible training in Six Sigma framework, tools and techniques
For Six Sigma Green Belt training, it is also expected that you have an undergraduate degree in engineering, science, business, medicine, etc. and have had a basic course in statistics while in college.
Candidates aspiring for Six Sigma Green Belt certification need to consider four factors in connection with their pursuit of the certification:
- The certifying organization and/or their affiliation with the certifying bodies across the world i.e. ASQ, IASSC etc.
- Program Syllabus / Course Agenda
- Post-training project consultancy or support for any process improvement project
- Mode of Six Sigma Green Belt certificate
Author: Nilesh Bhanushali
One thought on “The 4 Most Common Career Opportunities Of Six Sigma Green Belt Certification”
Comments are closed.