If you are a project manager looking for career growth or advancement of your knowledge, consider going for the PMP – Project Management Professional certification. PMP Boot Camp Online is the first step of getting your 35 Contact hours (PDUs.) While there are options for getting the 35 PDUs, let us discuss why online boot camps work for many especially for working busy professionals. The project management professional PMP certification issued by US-based Project Management Institute is the most well-known and required certification for project managers.
Attend our 100% Online & Self-Paced One-Hour Free PMP Training.
PMP Boot Camp Online: What and Why of it
A Boot Camp by definition is a rigorous intensive training course. The traditional way is to physically attend a classroom for three, four, or five days and internalize the concepts in the Project Management Body of Knowledge PMBoK Guide during that 35 hours. That is why it is intensive and rigorous.
How does a traditional Boot Camp work?
In a traditional boot camp, a trainer teaches the ten knowledge areas, 47 processes, and techniques in 3 to 5 days. You are also taught tips and tricks to crack the exam. Moreover, some providers give you a money-back guarantee if you don’t pass the exam. Sounds perfect, right? Of course, there are also conditions that apply. In this traditional boot camp setting, you need to make several investments: take off work, commute back and forth to the classroom, spend 7-9 hours per day in the traditional classroom for four to five days. Alternatively, an online Boot Camp is more flexible in that you don’t have the traditional boot camp inconveniences.
Because the Boot Camp is very intensive- you will cover in-depth various PMBoK topics over 4 to 5 days. Some people say it is like a whirlwind tour while a few others say that it was an information overload. Moreover, the traditional class size is limited, and the session may not be on the dates you prefer while an online Boot Camp can be attended any time in the year. Or, worse still, you may have to travel to attend the camp since the Boot Camp is not in your town. What if suddenly, there is an issue at work and you have to be there to resolve it? When would you be able to complete this course? Will the training institute allow you to attend the next session? What if you cannot attend that?
Why PMP Boot Camp Online works for you
You are a typical project manager grappling with project pressures and facing all the issues mentioned above. So how do you complete a Boot Camp for your 35 contact hours? An online Boot Camp gives you the advantage over the traditional Boot Camp while removing the hassles mentioned above.
Watch our “Can I prepare for PMP online?” video
It gives you access to the PMP preparation course anytime and from anywhere. If you want the learning to be intensive, it will or you can have it at a slow pace if you like it that way. You feel fresh and focused early in the morning, no problem! And you can access the online Boot Camp in the morning and finish as much as you want in the day. Or you are the nocturnal type? You can access it peacefully when the rest of the world is asleep. Do you feel restless in the class because you are a fast learner and feel you are being pulled back? Or, do you need to go slow initially to get clarity on the concepts? Do you feel lost in the class while the rest seem to answer better during the class? Then, your solution could be an online Boot Camp.
You get the freedom to do as much as you want when and where you are in an Online course. By the way, your total PMP certification cost with an online boot camp solution is generally less expensive compared to a traditional boot camp:
What do you get from online Boot Camp?
- You get your 35 contact-hour certificate as proof of your project management education.
- Anytime anywhere access to the modular course to help you prepare for PMP certification.
- Online Boot Camp gives you access for a limited number of days while there are others who provide lifetime access to the course.
- Access to full-blown pmp exam questions and answers. Once you are through the Boot Camp, take this test to check how close you are to taking the real one.
- You haven’t completed the course, but you want to have a checkpoint evaluation when you complete a knowledge area of PMBoK. You can do that too using the online Boot Camp.
- You can test yourself after the whole course is done. But you need to evaluate yourself at intermediate points in your preparation. Remember, this is like a stage-gate or a phase-end review that we do in projects. Helps you in timely course correction.
- Generally, many providers let you consult with their instructor if you have anything to be clarified during your preparation.
- Some of the providers also have a module that guides you in your PMP application submission.
- Handouts or other study materials that you can download and refer to as part of your preparation.
Check out a section from our Online PMP Training
Pros and Cons of Online Boot Camp
Let us understand the advantages and disadvantages of online Boot Camp to acquire PMP online certification. Always look at both sides of the coin, so that you have an unbiased opinion. So, here are the two sides of it:
Sounds perfect! Then why should anyone go for a classroom Boot camp at all?
If you are the type who needs to be in a classroom with other participants to give you support and motivation, you may prefer this over the online Boot Camp. Are you worried about disturbances and distractions if you have the course for more than 4 days? If yes, you can go for the fast-track boot camp. You can have all the content delivered over 4-5 days in the classroom boot camp. Are you a conventional learner? Do you need to have a professor in front teaching you? Then, go for regular boot camp!
PMP Boot Camp Online: Plus points:
- Cost-effective: It is less expensive for you compared to a regular Boot Camp.
- You need not cram everything in a short burst: you can savor the project management principles slowly. This is why it is important and helpful to prepare through an online Boot Camp.
- Allows you flexible preparation: all days are not the same – you may be at your peak performance one day while on another you may be feeling a little under weather. So do more when you can and feel like it. It is never good to force yourself into learning. Since you perform better when you enjoy a given activity, online Boot Camp is a preferred mode because it enables you to learn when you are ready.
- Forget about commute and traffic jams- relax on your couch and learn through an online Boot Camp.
- Don’t worry about client meetings, issues, or travel disrupting your preparation. The online PMP course is available wherever you are!
Briefly, online Boot Camp is an easy, comparatively less costly version of PMP exam prep boot camps
to acing your PMP certification exam. Moreover, it is flexible and modular. Go on, enroll in an online PMP boot camp and pass the PMP exam on your first attempt!
Sunanda Gundavajhala, B.Tech, M.B.A, PMP has over 25 years of project management. She is a consultant and trainer on project management for different sectors. Sunanda is the recipient of the “Recognition of Excellence” award from PMI, USA. She was also given the Woman Volunteer award from the Hyderabad, India Chapter of PMI. Sunanda has contributed to the “Practice Standard on Scheduling, PMI”. Sunanda has worked as the Liaison officer for PMIEF (Education Foundation) for the Hyderabad, India Chapter of PMI.
4 thoughts on “PMP Boot Camp Online: Choice of Busy Professionals”
Comments are closed.