Are you a project manager who is facing problem in handling projects? Are you not satisfied with your growth in career? Then you are the right candidate to go for PMP certification. Because it will help professionals like you in becoming competent in handling projects. Hence it will lead you to rise in your career graph. In this article, we are going to list PMP Certification San Diego training options. But first, let us understand the importance of PMP certification these days.
PMP certification intends to familiarize the professionals with the concepts and techniques of effective project management. It not only addresses the requirements of project managers in project integration, quality, cost, human resources, risk and time. More importantly, it builds up skills in communication management. Attaining PMP certification is the right decision as it shows your commitment to the project management profession and demonstrates credibility. It also allows you to earn higher salaries. Moreover, it raises your resume above the non-certified professionals, making you confident in handling projects and high market value.
PMP certification is one of the most demanded credentials in project management. As per a survey by Project Management Institute, PMP certified individual on an average has 20 % higher salary than non-certified individuals.
After helping over 200,000 professionals in more than 180 countries with a 99.6% first attempt pass rate, we have prepared a seven-step PMP study plan. Read this PMP study plan and create your own PMP prep plan accordingly.
PMP Certification San Diego: PMP Exam Prep San Diego
To prepare for the PMP exam, the preliminary requirement is to acquire 35 PDUs. Because this is a mandatory PMP PDU requirement for appearing in the PMP exam. In order to attain 35 PDUs,the challenge of finding the right PMP training provider arises. Here we have listed 8 best PMP certification San Diego training providers for you. With different facets provided this list will help you to choose the best PMP Training San Diego option for yourself.
PMP Certification San Diego: 8 PMP Training San Diego Options
#1 PMP Training San Diego – Master of Project Academy, Inc.
We will include our platform as the first PMP training San Diego provider. However, in order to provide an unbiased review of all PMP training providers in San Diego, we will not provide any review for our platform.
Master of Project Academy is the #1 affordable and flexible San Diego PMP training provider with 99.6% first attempt pass rate. Note that, 99.6% is the first attempt pass rate of Master of Project Academy students. Master of Project does not count second or third attempt passes in “pass rate” ratio unlike other PMP training providers. Besides, this is a weekly updated, audited and backed up pass rate ratio in footer of Master of Project Academy homepage.
Over 200,000 professionals in more than 180 countries enrolled in Master of Project Academy’s PMP training.
You have only three options to get 35 hours PMP training in San Diego:
- Self-Paced Online PMP Training
- Virtual PMP Training – Live Classroom
- In Person PMP Classroom Training
Yes, Master of Project Academy provides all of these options.
1- Self Paced PMP Training
100% Online and Self-Paced PMP Training Master of Project Academy includes 35 contact hours required to be eligible to sit for the PMP exam. Instructors are 24/7 available in discussion forums. 300+ lectures, 750+ PMP Practice Questions and flexible pricing options are the highlights of this option. Visit self-paced online PMP training page for more details or from the link below.
2- Instructor-Led Virtual PMP Training
Master of Project Academy offers weekdays and weekend Virtual PMP training sessions. Duration of the PMP course is 4 days and 35 contact hours. Weekday sessions start on every Monday and end on Thursday. Weekend sessions start biweekly on Saturdays and ends in two weekends (Saturday & Sunday). You can learn more about Virtual PMP Training options from the link below.
3-In Person PMP Classroom Training
Master of Project Academy offers in person PMP classroom Training in various locations around the world. PMP classroom training sessions are 4 days and training is delivered in convenient locations and training facilities. You can check in person PMP classroom training details from the link below.
PMP success stories of Master of Project Academy proves the quality of this PMP certification San Diego training option. Don Wheeler is one of the several PMP success stories of Master of Project Academy. Don passed the PMP exam successfully with the PMP training from Master of Project Academy and he scored “Above Target” on all five domains of the PMP exam. This is the highest score where a PMP candidate can get from the PMP exam. You can read Don’s PMP success story.
Following are the details of Master of Project Academy. You can purchase the PMP training online from their website and follow the lectures on your own pace in any place.
Address: 244 Madison Ave, New York 10016
Email: [email protected]
Watch the Top 3 Benefits of PMP Online Training
Master of Project Academy organizes in person PMP classroom training programs in convenient locations and training facilities such as four or five star hotels, business centers or conference rooms. You can see the location of the PMP classroom training options below.
PMP training San Diego location of Master of Project Academy
Attend our 100% Online & Self-Paced One-Hour Free PMP Training.
PMP Training San Diego #2: The Persimmon Group
This PMP certification San Diego provider is a multidisciplinary management consulting and learning organization. It helps business leaders solve complex business problems, improve efficiency, empower teams and implement long term sustainable improvement. One of their core specialities is Project Management.
They provide training in the following areas:
- PMP Exam Prep: It is training through situational learning, focused drills and hands-on exercises as well as engaging instruction. The price is USD 1695. It is 5 days classroom training on weekdays which has the benefit of face to face. But the timings are 8.30am to 4.30pm so this is not comfortable for working professionals. If you opt for this course, you will have to take leave from office on weekdays and have to be available as per timings of the classroom. Deliverables are a hard copy of latest edition of PMBOK Guide, Interactive Study Guide, a student manual, multiple practical questions and exercises. But they are not sufficient enough as one requires multiple mock simulation exams in order to prepare for the exam. It satisfies the 35 PDUS which is a mandatory requirement to apply for the exam.
Besides, they provide commitment which says that you need to attend all the classes and take PMP exam within 45 days of class. If you don’t pass the exam then you take the next course for free or attend follow up session with certified PMP consultants to focus on areas that need improvement.
- Surviving Project Management: The Fundamentals of Managing Projects
- Business Analysis Boot camp
- Leading Effective Teams
- Stakeholder Relationship Management
- HR Program
- Thinking Strategically
Address: 11 East 5th Street, Suite 300, Tulsa, Ok 74103
PMP Training San Diego #3: ONLC Training Centers
This PMP Certification San Diego option is the largest IT Training company known by Online Consulting, Inc. It provides training in various domains like Microsoft, Adobe, Project Management, Cisco, ITIL, Oracle, Security, Scrum Master, Citrix and AWS. They offer training in modes like a classroom and instructor-led training.
Regarding project management, it offers the following courses:
- PMP Preparation which is 5 days of classroom training where you will gain not only knowledge to pass the exam but also practical skills to improve a project. The price is USD 3245 but after the discount, it is reduced to USD 2995 which is not really cheap. Moreover, the classes are conducted on weekdays from 10am to 6pm. So it is not a good option for professionals if you compare them to online classes. It provides deliverables as 900+ pages of courseware, PMBOK Guide, Q&A Guide with several practice questions. It fulfills 35 PDUs which is required to appear for the exam. They are not providing mock simulation exams so you need to spend more money.
- CAPM Preparation
- Project Management Concepts
- Microsoft Project
Main benefits of this organization are small class sizes, guaranteed delivery and fewer cancellations. Another exclusive feature is Remote Classroom Instruction. In this model, they offer virtual training via physical facility provided in different cities for attending live online instructor-led classes. But aspirant has to reach the particular facility according to timings of instructor availability. This is not convenient as compared tan o online mode where you can learn at your own pace.
Address: 505 Carr Road, Suite 100 Wilmington, DE 19809-2800 USA
PMP Training San Diego #4: San Diego Extension
This PMP Certification San Diego training provider is a university and it offers courses in many areas.
In project management, it provides this course:
- Professional Certificate in Project Management: To achieve a certificate in project management from this university, you have to complete 7 courses with 21 units. If you can attend full time then the duration is 6 months and for part-time employees, the duration is one year. Modes of delivery are classrppö and online.
There is no specific course for PMP preparation in this university.
Email: [email protected]
Address: University City Center, 6256 Greenwich Drive, San Diego, CA 92122
PMP Training San Diego #5: PMI San Diego Chapter
The primary mission of this PMP Certification San Diego chapter is to enable members to achieve project management excellence. It is achieved by enhancing expertise through project management education and training, supporting professional credentials and promoting association with project professionals.
There is no specific course for PMP Exam Preparation. However, they offer one course named as Project Management Certificate. It has 5 courses and you have to complete all of them:
- Project Management Overview: Framework, Process Groups and Integration – The course fee is USD 595
- Human Factor: Build and Communicate with project Team – The course fee is USD 299
- Project Management: Time, Cost & Risk – The course fee is USD 595
- Managing Project Quality, Negotiation, Contracting and Procurement – The course fee is USD 595
- Capstone Team Project – The course fee is USD 595
- Certificate fee (One time): USD 45
- Total Fees: USD 2724
- Duration: 9 months
Email: [email protected]
Address: 8895 Towne Centre Drive, Suite 105-114 San Diego, CA 92122
PMP Training San Diego #6: PMT Institute
It is a PMP Certification San Diego training provider which focuses on Project management certifications like PMP, PgMP, PMI-RMP and PMI-SP.
In PMP certification, it offers 2 modes:
- PMP Boot Camp training: The focus of this training is to equip you with practical information that you can use in the workplace. Also, it focuses on giving the material you need to pass the PMP exam. It is a 4-day, instructor-led boot camp in the classroom. The cost of this training is USD 2395 which is given at a discounted price of USD 1990. Besides, the classes are conducted on weekdays from 8.30 am to 5 pm. It satisfies the 35 PDUs requirement to be able to sit in the PMP exam.
But unfortunately, it doesn’t provide mock simulation exams which are a must to get prepared for the exam. Besides, its way of teaching is as per process group which will help you to manage a project, rather than preparing you for the PMP exam.
- The instructor-led virtual course is a 4-day instructor-led online program, which runs from Monday to Thursday. The timings are 8.30am to 5pm so it is not a suitable option for office goers. Because they’d have to take off from working days to attend training. The cost of this course is USD1990.
Their success rate is 99% and a full money-back guarantee is available. But first, you have to appear for the exam within 30 days the of class completion date. If you fail, they will analyze the results and they will provide custom coaching. If this is followed for a 2nd and a 3rd-time failure, then the money will be refunded.
Email: [email protected]
Address: The Hilton San Diego Mission Valley, 901 Camino Del Rios, San Diego, CA 92108
PMP Training San Diego #7: San Diego State University
College of Extended Studies at San Diego State University offers 50 certificate programs ranging from contract management, construction to healthcare, human resource management and regulatory affairs. It is a PMP Certification San Diego training provider which offers Professional Certificate in Project Management as per details below:
In order to achieve a professional certificate, 7 core courses and 2 electives must be completed within 5 years.
Core courses are:
- Introduction to Project Management: Framework and Integration– Price is USD 449 and duration is 15 Hrs
- Project Risk Management -Price is USD 449 and duration is 15 Hrs
- Resource Management and Team Building-Price is USD 449 and duration is 15 Hrs
- Scope Schedule and Cost -Price is USD 649 and duration is 21 Hrs
- Procurement – Price is USD 549 and duration is 18 Hrs
- Communication and Stakeholder Management– Price is USD 449 and duration is 15 Hrs
- Project Simulation –Price is USD 649 and duration is 18 Hrs
Elective courses are:
- Quality Management– Price is USD 449
- Earned Value Management– Price is USD 449
- Agile– Price is USD 449
- Effective Negotiation Skills and Techniques– Price is USD 449
- Microsoft Project Fundamentals– Price is USD 499
These courses are scheduled in Fall, Spring and Summer. Regarding the PMP exam preparation, there is no specific course available at the university.
Email: [email protected]
Address: 5250 Campanile Drive, San Diego, CA 92182-1920
PMP Training San Diego #8: Project Management Academy
This PMP Certification San Diego training provider offers training not only in project management but also Agile management
In PMP certification, there are 3 modes of training:
- Live instructor-led PMP boot camp: It is an instructor-led, 4-day boot camp. It provides the latest edition of PMBOK guide, a print copy of all course materials (binder), a booklet of PMP strategy guide, PMP training aids, PMP exercises and games along with 6 months access to the online training portal is provided. The course also fulfills the 35 PDUs which is prerequisite for preparation of exam. It is a sort of classroom training where you need to manage your schedule of office in order to attend the training. Hence you need to juggle between office work and training.
- Virtual Classroom: It is 4-day, web-based e-learning with a live instructor. Sessions are conducted on weekends as well weekdays from 8.30am to 6pm. The course fee is 2895 USD which is offered after discount at price of 1895 USD. It is similar to classroom training as one needs to be available as per live instructor.
- In-house training: It is conducted in situations where employees are more than 15 then classroom training for 4 days is conducted for these employees.
This training institute has a passing rate of 99%. They also offer 100% money-back pass guarantee and it is 100% guaranteed to run on the date listed. Besides, they provide 2000 PMP exam preparation sample questions along with 200 Question Mock PMP exams. They are sufficient enough to prepare you for the exam. So you’ll need to spend more money in order to purchase multiple mock exams from different sources.
Email: [email protected]
Address: 1241 Cumberland Ave STE A, West Lafayette, IN 47906-1304
PMP Certification San Diego: PMP Exam San Diego
Once you have completed your PMP training and studied thoroughly, then it is the right time to appear for the exam. Hence, you must schedule your PMP exam in San Diego. There are several PMP exam test centres around San Diego. You can locate the nearest PMP exam San Diego centre from the Pearson VUE website.
PMP Certification San Diego: The Summary
In this article, we have listed the top 8 PMP certification training providers in San Diego along with their contact information. Also, we have reviewed the major aspects of top 8 training providers in San Diego. If we summarize what we have reviewed, we can state that the cost of the PMP Classroom/Boot camp training starts at 1600 USD and may go over 3000 USD. Alternatively, online training is certainly cheaper and a more flexible option available. Moreover, you can attend an online PMP training only for as low as $67 per month.
Therefore, in a matter of price advantage, flexibility, and online access, we strongly recommend that you should take your PMP certification San Diego training in an online mode. Besides, you should choose a training provider who offers cost-effectiveness, refund guarantee, and success ratio to be 99% and above.